Huis Bergh Castle dates back to the 13th century and is one of the biggest castles in the Netherlands. The castle is the ideal location for an unusual party or a pleasant business gathering. Once a mighty fortress in turbulent times, the castle is now an atmospheric wedding venue for the most special day of your life. The moat surrounding the castle served as a powerful defence. De Plantage (an 18th-century woodland park) is in the castle’s immediate vicinity.
We are pleased with your visit, but in in view of the coronacrisis we must ask you to pay attention to the conditions of visiting our castle.
Tickets must be booked online beforehand. Measures concerning distance and hygiene have been taken in the castle. Only a maximum of 82 persons are allowed to be present in the castle. the castle is open from Thursday up to and including Sunday from 12.30 till 16.30 hours.
● At the entrance visitors will be checked if they have complaints of health. One should think about the following complaints: cold in the nose, sneezing, light cough, a slight temperature, fever(from 38,5 degrees centigrade) and/or sultriness.
● Stay at home when someone in your house has fever(from 38,5 degrees centigrade) and/or sultriness.
● Stick to the measures of hygiene and always act upon the instructions of the co-workers/custodians who are present.
● Clean your hands immediately at the entrance and leave again with disinfecting gel.
● Bear in mind the welfare of yourself and others.
● Keep a distance of 1,5 metres within and outside the castle.
● A group only exists of a maximum of 2 persons. Families are an exception to this rule.
● Children younger than 12 are accompanied by a member of the family who is of age.
● Please leave your bags in the car.
Huis Bergh Castle owes its powerful defences to the moat surrounding the castle. In the early Middle Ages, the castle was surrounded by swamplands.
The museum shop is located in the Castle Café Heeren Dubbel in the castle's inner ward. Various items including postcards, books, Bergh coins and lady-in-waiting/knight items for children are available for purchase.
Castle Café Heeren Dubbel features a lovely sunny terrace where you can enjoy a snack and a drink. The terrace is also available for hire as a party venue.
Give your guests a royal welcome at Huis Bergh Castle in ‘s-Heerenberg, with flags flying, a royal reception on the drawbridge and a warm welcome in the majestic entrance hall.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of:
Stichting de Armenkorf, Stichting het Gasthuis Bergh, Kattendijke/Drucker Stichting, Stichting Berghs Belang, Gravin van Bylandt Stichting