Kasteel Huis Bergh is closed until further notice until March 2, 2021, due to the stricter corona measures.
We are pleased with your visit, but in in view of the coronacrisis we must ask you to pay attention to the conditions of visiting our castle.
In order to spread the crowds and to guarantee the safety of visitors and staff, everyone must reserve a ticket with date and starting time in advance via this website.Please note: max. 4 persons per group.
Rules for all visitors:
● At the entrance visitors will be checked if they have complaints of health. One should think about the following complaints: cold in the nose, sneezing, light cough, a slight temperature, fever(from 38,5 degrees centigrade) and/or sultriness.
● Stick to the measures of hygiene and always act upon the instructions of the co-workers/custodians who are present.
● Clean your hands immediately at the entrance and leave again with disinfecting gel.
● Keep a distance of 1,5 metres within and outside the castle.
● A group only exists of a maximum of 2 persons. Families are an exception to this rule.
● Please leave your bags in the car.
Huis Bergh Castle dates back to the 13th century and is one of the biggest castles in the Netherlands. The castle is the ideal location for an unusual party or a pleasant business gathering. Once a mighty fortress in turbulent times, the castle is now an atmospheric wedding venue for the most special day of your life. The moat surrounding the castle served as a powerful defence. De Plantage (an 18th-century woodland park) is in the castle’s immediate vicinity.
Huis Bergh Castle owes its powerful defences to the moat surrounding the castle. In the early Middle Ages, the castle was surrounded by swamplands.
The museum shop is located in the Castle Café Heeren Dubbel in the castle's inner ward. Various items including postcards, books, Bergh coins and lady-in-waiting/knight items for children are available for purchase.
Castle Café Heeren Dubbel features a lovely sunny terrace where you can enjoy a snack and a drink. The terrace is also available for hire as a party venue.
Give your guests a royal welcome at Huis Bergh Castle in ‘s-Heerenberg, with flags flying, a royal reception on the drawbridge and a warm welcome in the majestic entrance hall.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of: